Kane R. Keller
- Michigan State University. Ph.D. Candidate. In progress. Plant Biology & Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, and Behavior.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. B.S. in Integrative Biology, 2007.
- Keller, K.R. 2014. Mutualistic rhizobia reduce plant diversity and alter community composition. Oecologia 176: 1101-1109.
- DOI: 10.1007/s00442-014-3089-1
- Keller, K.R. and J.A. Lau. When mutualisms matter: rhizobia effects on plant communities depend on host plant genotype and soil nitrogen availability. (In Review). *Available upon request
- terHorst, C.P., J.A. Lau, I.A. Cooper, K.R. Keller, R.J. LaRosa, A.M. Royer, E.H. Schultheis, T. Suwa, and J.K. Conner. Quantifying non-additive selection caused by indirect ecological effects. (In Press at Ecology).
- Foster, B.L., C.A. Murphy, K.R. Keller, T.A. Aschenbach, E.J. Questad, and K. Kindscher. 2007. Restoration of prairie community structure and ecosystem function in an abandoned hayfield: a sowing experiment. Restoration Ecology 15 (4): 652-661.
- 2014 MSU Plant Science Fellowship Award of Excellence
- 2014 MSU CSN Dissertation Completion Fellowship
- 2014 MSU KBS Graduate School Fellowship
- 2013 CNS Dissertation Continuation Fellowship, Michigan State University
- 2013 and 2014 EEBB Summer Fellowship, Michigan State University
- 2008-2011 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2008 National Science Foundation GK-12 Fellow
- 2007 and 2012 Plant Sciences Fellow, Michigan State University
AWARDS AND GRANT SUPPORT
- 2013 Plant Population Ecology Student Travel Award, Ecological Society of America
- 2013 British Ecological Society Training and Travel Grant
- 2013 Graduate Student International Travel Grant. ISP, MSU
- 2013 Council of Graduate Students Conference Grant. MSU
- 2012 Hanes Trust Foundation. Research Grant
- 2012 Michigan Botanical Foundation. Research Grant
- 2009-2013 G.H. Lauff Graduate Research Award. Kellogg Biological Station, MSU
- 2009-2014 College of Natural Science, MSU. Travel Funding
- 2009-2013 The Graduate School, Michigan State Univesity. Travel Funding
- 2009-2012 Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, and Behavior, MSU. Travel Funding
- 2009-2012 T. Wayne and Kathryn Porter Research Award. KBS, MSU
- 2008-2014 Paul Taylor Endowment Fund Award, Dept. of Plant Biology. MSU
- 2007-2013 MSU Plant Sciences. Research Grant
- 2006 Special Undergraduate Research on the Environment, University of Illinois
- 2005 NSF, Research Experience for Undergraduates. University of Kansas
- Fall 2014 Co-Instructor. Ecology (ZOL 355). MSU.
- Summer 2014 Co-Instructor. Ecology (ZOL 355). KBS, MSU.
- Fall 2013 Teaching Assistant. Evolution. (ZOL 445). MSU.
- Fall 2013 Guest Lecture. Ecology Honor’s Section (ZOL 355). MSU.
- Summer 2013 Instructor. SpartaNature. MSU, Kellogg Biological Station.
- Summer 2012 Co-Instructor. SpartaNature. MSU, Kellogg Biological Station.
- Fall 2010 Teaching Assistant. Ecology Lab (ZOL 355L). MSU.
- 2008-2009 NSF GK-12 Program. MSU, Kellogg Biological Station.
- 2014 Sara Carabajal. Humboldt State University.
- 2014 Felipe Navarro, Michigan State University.
- 2012 Anh Bui, Michigan State University
- 2011 Alisha Fischer, Michigan State University.
- 2010 Felize Dangcil, Battle Creek Area Math and Science Center.
- 2010 Elaine Coughlin, Battle Creek Area Math and Science Center.
- 2009 Molly Rooney, Michigan State University.
- 2009 Tim Hose, Michigan State University.
- Big Science Little Summaries Research Blog Contributor, (http://bigsciencelittlesummaries.com)
- KBS E-Station to Station Newsletter (Fall 2010)
- KBS Communication Advisory Committee
American Naturalist, Functional Ecology, Journal of Applied Ecology, Journal of Ecology, Oikos, Plant Ecology and Diversity, PLOS One
- Ecological Society of America
- British Ecological Society
- Sigma Xi
- American Society of Naturalists
SERVICE AND LEADERSHIP
- 2013-2014 KBS Graduate Affairs Committee
- 2012-2013 KBS Academic Personnel Committee
- 2012-2013 KBS Site Use Committee
- 2011-2012 KBS Academic Program Planning Committee
- 2009-2010 KBS Graduate Affairs Committee